Design of Experiments II
Dean Neubauer – Engineering Fellow – Corning Incorporated
- Plan, conduct and analyze a designed experiments using Minitab 18
- Know how to design and analyze split-plot designs where randomization is restricted by 1-3 factors
- Know how to design 3-level response surface designs and when to use them
- Know how to design and analyze a definitive screening design and when to use them
Laptop computers are recommended for this course, as well as Minitab 18. A free 30 day trial of Minitab 18 Software is available for download to your laptop here.
Speaker Bio(s): Dean Neubauer is an Engineering Fellow in the Process Engineering Directorate within the Manufacturing Technology and Engineering (MTE) Division at Corning Incorporated. Dean has worked for Corning since 1981 and has been involved in numerous projects in every major business over this time period. Dean holds degrees in statistics from both Iowa State University and Rochester Institute of Technology.
Outside of Corning, Dean has taught as an Adjunct Professor in the M.S. program for the Center for Quality and Applied Statistics at RIT since 1992. He participates on the ASTM E-11 Committee on Quality and Statistics where he is a Past Chairman and is a member of the ASTM International Committee on Standards (COS).
Dean was elected a Fellow of the American Society for Quality in 2000 and is a Certified Quality Engineer. He is a past Chair of the ASQ’s Chemical and Process Industries Division and a past Chair of the Corning-Elmira ASQ Section. He is a recipient of the 2003 Shewell Award from ASQ and the 2011 Harold F. Dodge Award from ASTM.
Please join us Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at Tags, 2679 State Route 352, Big Flats, NY
Registration: 8:15 – 8:30 a.m.
Seminar: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Includes breakfast, lunch & snacks.
Cost: $75.00 for members and for non-members
- You must register in advance
- Cancellations will be invoiced
Reservations: Two ways to register no later than Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
- Online registration with credit card payment – Preferred. If registering for more than 1 person, please add additional names to notes on payment page.
- E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with participant name(s) and mail check to
ASQ Section 0202
c/o Christy Schafer, Treasurer
1 Riverfront Plaza
Corning, NY 14831
Payment can be refunded, if notification is given 72 hours before the event to email@example.com. All others, cancellations later than 72 hours before the event can be invoiced.
** Non-members are welcome and encouraged to attend **