Tour of Corning Incorporated – Sullivan Park R&D Center – Strength and Reliability Labs
Bill Denson – Research Associate – Corning Incorporated and Strength/Reliability Lab Staff
Abstract: Corning Incorporated – Sullivan Park facility is the Research and Development Center for Corning Incorporated. Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. Corning’s market segments include Display Technologies, Optical Communications, Environmental Technologies, Life Sciences, Specialty Materials and Emerging Innovations.
Agenda: A short presentation will be made regarding the history of Corning Incorporated with a focus on R&D, followed by a tour of the Strength and Reliability labs. The tour groups will be kept as small as possible to allow for better exposure.
- Registration is required by May 5th due to facility security protocol.
- Late registrations will NOT be accepted.
- Last minute arrivals or walk-ins will NOT be accepted.
- Please bring photo ID with you – Driver’s license or Passport only.
- NO cameras or cell phones with cameras are allowed – please leave in your car.
- Wear appropriate closed toed shoes – shoes or sneakers with slip resistant soles.
- Safety glasses are mandatory. If you have your own, please bring them with you.
Facility Tour: Thursday, May 18, 2017 – Arrive promptly at 4:45 to complete the security protocol.
- Corning Incorporated – Sullivan Park 1 Science Center Drive, Painted Post, NY.
- Driving and entry instructions will be provided to registered guests only.
Dinner (following the tour): Sullivan Park Atrium – Catered Dinner at 6:30pm.
Cost: $25.00 for members and for non-members
All forms of payment accepted – cash, check and credit cards.
Make checks payable to ASQ Section 0202. All major credit cards accepted.
Reservations: Please contact via e-mail at email@example.com no later than Friday May 5, 2017. Please include full name, company, title, and nationality this data is required for the security protocol at Corning.
Cancellations later than 72 hours prior to this event will be invoiced
Recommended Dress: Business Casual, non slip shoes, safety glasses if you have them
** Non-members are welcome and encouraged to attend **